Working With SoftOrganiser's Buttons
The buttons down the right hand side of the screen are common to all parts of the program. The buttons only affect the part of the program that is currently on display (ie contacts OR schedules, but not both).
- The create button begins
the process of creating a new item. The actual type of item created depends on whether you are viewing an individual's
details, company details, or a schedule.
- The Save button saves any changes you have made to any item on the screen. This is particularly important if you have
just created a new item. If you don't click save to save the item, you will lose any details just entered.
- The Delete button will delete the item currently shown. If you are showing a company, or an individual associated with a company, you will be asked whether you want to delete the company and the individual. Hint: If you want to delete a company and more than one individual associated with a company, repeatedly search using the company name, and delete the individuals one at a time. Don't delete the company until you've deleted the last individual... once the company is deleted you will no longer be able to find individuals associated with it (because they will no longer be associated with any company).
- The reset button is handy for recovering from network errors. If you have any database errors come up, try to recover from them by pressing the reset button. If this doesn't fix the problem, you may need to exit and re-start the SoftOrganiser program.
The buttons along the bottom of the screen are also common to all parts of the program. The buttons only affect the part of the program that is currently on display (ie contacts OR schedules, but not both).
- The First button takes you to the first record in the database.
- The Prev button takes you to the previous record in the database.
- The Search button searches the database currently on display. If you want to search for a person, you must have the contacts panel on display, then click search. If you want to search for a schedule (alarm), you must have the schedule panel on display, then click search.
- The Next button takes you to the next record in the database.
- The Last button takes you to the last record in the database.